Tuesday, July 28, 2015

THE PETITE 2015 #CHEVYSPARK 2LT KEPT ME IN GOOD COMPANY #HEELSTOTHEWHEELS

You likely don't hear the word "petite" being used much in reference to a car but it's the most accurate and most applicable term when talking about the 2015 Chevrolet Spark 2LT of which I recently had the pleasure of putting #HeelsToTheWheels. And what's wrong with being petite anyway? Most women I know love to be referred to as petite (myself included).


Upon curbside delivery (the perks of being an auto blogger/enthusiast), one of the drivers joked that it was his wife or her purse because both wouldn't fit in this modest "city car." At first glance, I thought it might be a challenge to fit myself and my brood but it proved to be a bit more spacious than initially thought. The floor space is extremely forgiving and there is plenty of elbow room in spite of the compactness even a folding drivers side arm rest which extends great comfort when whipping through the city which even though I had a chance to open it up on a trip to Virginia for the 4th of July, it's much better equipped for city driving. I joked with a friend on the trek to Virginia, I didn't know whether to just get out and push it the rest of the way or hop on a bike because the Ecotec 1.2L 4-CY engine just didn't provide me that "umph" (pronounced oomph). But when navigating the city, I was less discerning about the lack of power and pretty much oblivious because the ease of navigating narrow streets and tiny parking spaces totally won me over. As a Washington, DC resident, most of my time is spent navigating the city on a daily so it was nice to be pushing a whip significantly less cumbersome and with a fuel economy of 34 mpg combined. It's a very fun car. And the week I had it, was particularly hot in DC and although not top of the line luxury which is to be expected at a MSRP of $12,170, it wasn't lacking in comfort.
I fit ...
My Brood fit ...
Cargo space is restrictive but you can fold the seats down if you need extra room of course if there is no one already in the backseat. There was just enough space for all of our 4th of July essentials ...Folding chairs, swimsuits and dessert!
Ample floor space.
What I most love about the petite size is that I can ALWAYS find a parking space
And what the 2015 Chevrolet Spark 2LT lacks in power and brawn and "umph" (there's that word again), it makes up for in technology which for me is an absolute necessity. The same as I navigate city streets, I'm constantly navigating the social media landscape on behalf of my own brand and my clients so pushing a car equipped with the latest technology and being able to go from my office to my car seamlessly, ensures I don't miss a beat. The available On Star 4G LTE allows you to connect up to 7 devices via the interior Wi-Fi hotspot. Between myself and my brood, we have about 5 devices. The color display is basically a command center for Chevrolet MyLink which only requires a one-time pairing and allows me to stream all my mobile apps via Bluetooth, allows hands-free calling and more. And the touch screen and ease of reach ensures my eyes stay safely on the road. There is a USB port and other customizable options such as BringGo Navigation and Siri Eyes Free. I was actually much more surprised at the available technology because the petite Chevrolet Spark 2LT comes off very modest from the exterior but from the interior boasts everything from power windows to heated seats and a rear center console with a storage tray. 
SiriusXM equipped
The MyLink technology is easy to navigate via the easy to reach color touch screen
I'll take that in Denim next time

You can customize the exterior and select from colors like Grape Ice, Denim and Salsa and select a trim to make the 2015 Chevrolet Spark 2LT entirely your own. It's a great starter car or a great car if most of your travel is limited to city driving. At barely 5'1/2", I could easily be described as petite myself so I guess putting #HeelsToTheWheels in the 2015 Chevrolet Spark 2LT keeps me in good company. 

What's the smallest car you've ever owned?

Follow my "Heels To The Wheels" chronicles on Instagram and Twitter @bagladies, hashtag #heelstothewheels.
--
Follow me on IG/Twitter and Vine @bagladies.
--
 

New season lineup soon to come to the online airwaves of Bag Ladies Radio. In the meantime, OnDemand/iTunes are 24/7. Check out my fave show picks and access recent shows and the full archive at bagladiesradio.com/listen

No comments:

Post a Comment