Thursday, July 9, 2015

4th OF JULY MIGHT BE OVER BUT YOU CAN STILL SEE FIREWORKS!!

"You want fireworks, I'll show you fireworks!!" Remember that line from Sex and the City?? Samantha's ex was insistent about showing fireworks. How insistent are you on seeing fireworks? 4th of July has come and gone, a Holiday most associate with fireworks but the misconception is that fireworks only exist on this day.

I had the pleasure per an invite by The Lawrence County Tourist Promotion Agency, of putting #HeelsToTheWheels in the 2015 Buick Encore a couple of weeks ago and taking a road trip to Lawrence County located in New Castle, PA. Unbeknownst to me until my kids and I arrived, New Castle is known as "The Fireworks Capital of America" and will celebrate it's 24th Annual Fireworks Festival starting tomorrow, July 10th and and lasting through Saturday, July 11th. The pic above showcases my kids modeling this year's festival tee. There will be bands, selfie stations, bubble exhibits, performances, food and so much more including a fireworks display which will cap off the evening of festivities. It has to be said that if you've been claiming yourself as "The Fireworks Capital of America" for the last 24 years then surely you've learned how to put on a show worthy of attention. And just having visited New Castle myself and all of the fun had which included participating in an Amish Tour led by Simple Life Tours, taking in a Firefly Festival at the gorgeous Mcconnell Mill State Park, getting up close and personal with inhabitants of Living Treasures Animal Park and visiting Volant Mill Winery and the quaintest of shops in Volant, PA, I have no doubt that this year's New Castle Fireworks Festival will be the perfect slice of summer, and delight anyone in attendance which may be myself and my brood ...Again. Wanna go??
Me ...And the 2015 Buick Encore AWD
New Castle is nestled between Pittsburgh and Cleveland and literally a gas tank away from Washington, DC so it's close enough that you can make a quick jaunt be it for the day or overnight and not be a cumbersome drive but far enough to consider a "true" road trip. The 2015 Buick Encore has a great aesthetic with leather appointed seats. And there's even an existing technology called "Quiet Tuning" that literally absorbs road noise which makes for a quieter cabin although mind you with three children, not much is quiet. However, the 120V outlet located in the back console ensured their mobile devices stayed charged and the On Star 4GLTE feature which now equips the 2015 Buick Encore to be a wifi hotspot, ensured they stayed connected. Do you hear me shouting peace?! A word all Mommies love. 
What "road trip happy" looks like. Peace!
I was particularly fond of this feature. The wifi connectivity was consistent. I made use of it all along our getaway to access directions as well as the Lawrence County Tourist Promotion Agency website which allows you to build an itinerary and download their 2014-2015 Visitors Guide. Buick's Intellilink allowed me to remain hands free and focused and I could access Bluetooth and stream Spotify from my iPhone and make calls at the sound of my voice. As I previously mentioned HERE in review of the 2014 Buick Enclave, this is not my Father's old Buick Regal, the 2015 Buick Encore although significantly more compact than the Enclave is sporty yet with all the bells and whistles of the Enclave. And at a starting MSRP of 24k, I'll gladly downgrade my space requirements for the sake of saving a buck. The 2015 Buick Encore is quick and nimble which I found to be even more fun to open up during the trek to New Castle but the compactness makes it great for city driving too. It gave me a chance to see what it could really do. The dual climate control ensured no complaints about being too hot or too cold. The cargo area afforded enough space for all of our belongings without imposing on comfort and space. And the 1.4L, 138hp engine ensured efficiency both coming and going and my All Wheel Drive model afforded me 30mpg on the highway which works for me cause once I get going, I don't like to stop unless of course you have three children who need to use the bathroom at every available pit-stop. Oh and they can never leave a rest area without extending their hands for snacks. But that's an entirely different post. But less the gas stops at least, ensured that I could take in all the beautiful scenery of the road from the luxurious comfort of the 2015 Buick Encore.
Navigation ensured I stayed found instead of lil' girl lost on our trek. And I loved the manners ..."please turn right".
Comfort is even more guaranteed with Starbucks in hand.
The view from the gorgeous McConnell Mill State Park.
As compact as the 2015 Buick Encore is, cargo space is generous. And no, we didn't overpack :-).
You can't get any closer or more personal than being able to feed the animals.
Firefly Festival. I've never seen so many fireflies aka, lightning bugs in one place. 
Tavern On The Square Restaurant. A must-dine spot.
My kids were totally in awe of the Amish and how they live. 
This was the most adorable hubby and wife owned tea shop. If you follow me on IG at bagladies, you know I'm a tea fiend.
He took a liking to the carrots or my daughter or both ...
That 120V outlet is a lifesaver.
Click HERE for how and why these lists came in such handy. A fun activity to keep the kids "road trip happy."

Maybe I'll see you in New Castle this weekend. Click HERE for a previously written must-do tip that I dropped to keep the little ones "road trip happy." And for more on the 24th Annual New Castle Fireworks Festival as well as #FlatLarry (the New Castle social icon), visit www.visitlawrencecounty.com. Oh and word to the wise, grab a bite to eat at Tavern On The Square. It's a "must-dine!!"


Follow my "Heels To The Wheels" chronicles on Instagram and Twitter @bagladies, hashtag #heelstothewheels.
--
Follow me on IG/Twitter and Vine @bagladies.
--
 

New season lineup soon to come to the online airwaves of Bag Ladies Radio. In the meantime, OnDemand/iTunes are 24/7. Check out my fave show picks and access recent shows and the full archive at bagladiesradio.com/listen

2 comments:

  1. Your article is extremely useful.Everyday your diary inspire ME nice deal} and helped to develop one thing new like I actually have developed a replacement app how to get spotify premium for free cracked apk
    : this is often great and pleasurable.Thanks for the awing posts , please keep updated often.

    ReplyDelete