Tuesday, October 7, 2014

IT'S A @BUICK ENCLAVE, THAT'S WHAT I TOLD YA!

You mention the word Buick and the first memory that springs to mind is my Father's old Regal. Note I said old which for most in my generation is the association you make when it comes to Buick. Buick is not perceived as a modern automotive brand that lends appeal to "us", the modern people who not only want a whip that looks good but performs too both outside and behind closed doors (smirk), and has all the bells and whistles and technology we need to manage our mobile lifestyles. Or maybe that's just me. I mean if I recall correctly, my Father's Buick had velvet seats for goodness sakes! What is that you say? Yes, I said velvet. Be that as it may, upon having a chance to put #heelstothewheels in the 2014 Buick Enclave, all those notions just expressed fell by the wayside. I was literally eating my words upon curbside delivery.
Curbside Delivery!
The Enclave is a good looking ride and for a crossover, it's extremely compact considering it has three ample rows of seating. The spaciousness is amazing. I have three little ones and never once did I hear, "stop touching me" or "get off me." Nor did I ever have to pull over, pump the brakes, turn around and give them that infamous Mommy stare down which without saying a word says, "don't make me ..." If you were a child once, you know the rest. 
The blue ambient interior lighting set against a wood tone and leather seating, made whipping this ride to and fro that much sexier especially at nite. And the performance of the 288hp 3.6L V6 engine made pushing the 2014 Buick Enclave a pleasure each and every time. You might be saying the hp and the v6, that's a lot of jargon but the translation is power and efficiency and if  I may break it down even further, it means the 2014 Buick Enclave does what you need it to when you need it to do it but without having you make pit-stops for gas every other day. I was particularly impressed by the gas mileage and I'm a road runner. Consistency is key in every relationship even between you and your whip. But what had me the most impressed was the technology. I lie to you not, the functionality of the 2014 Buick Enclave had me preferring to work more in it than in my actual office. I couldn't wait to get my day started upon dropping the kids at school. It was spacious enough where I could rest my handy bag o' technology in the passenger side and yet it still be within easy reach should I need to grab anything. 
There was enough room for all my stash
You can organize the Intellilink Homescreen and stay connected to all of your smartphone contacts handsfree
If like me and you have a smartphone, Intellilink allows you to connect via Bluetooth and be completely hands free. And might I add, navigation is included so you will never be "little girl lost" again. The USB port allows you to stream seamlessly which for me was good cause I have a ton of Spotify playlists that I can listen to whenever and blast via the Bose 10-speaker sound system designed exclusively for the Enclave. Minimal distortion and the music almost sounds live. Trust, I got my sang on ALOT. Too bad you weren't within earshot. And my kids had the option of blocking me out entirely. The rear Infotainment system not only features an 8 inch LCD flat screen but includes a DVD with remote and two sets of wireless infrared headphones. And a 120V power outlet like you have at home. So I had what I needed to manage my devices up front and the kids had what they needed to manage their devices in the back.  
They loved it just as much as I did
"It's so hard to say goodbye"
The 2014 Buick Enclave starts at $38,890. I got many looks of disbelief upon telling admirers that it is a Buick. This vehicle was swoon-worthy in every sense of the word and was a tear-jerker to return. The first whip that ever made me do dat. 

HAS A CAR EVER REDUCED YOU TO TEARS?

Follow my "Heels To The Wheels" chronicles on Instagram and Twitter @bagladies, hashtag #heelstothewheels.

--
Follow me on IG/Twitter and Vine @bagladies.
--
 

New season lineup soon to come to the online airwaves of Bag Ladies Radio. In the meantime, OnDemand/iTunes are 24/7. Check out my fave show picks and access recent shows and the full archive at bagladiesradio.com/listen. Follow on Twitter and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment